TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully all the Terms & Conditions to avoid any inconvenience later.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS COMPULSORY
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance is compulsory. Your insurance must include: the MedEvac option and compensation for lost trip days and nights due
to unforeseen circumstances or emergencies.
- Your travel insurance details must be submitted to your booking agent prior to your departure.
- A copy of your travel insurance policy MUST be carried with you to Mentawai Surf Lodge (“MSL”) and provided to MSL reception upon your arrival.
- We recommend purchasing comprehensive travel insurance that includes: any costs incurred due to delays, flight cancellations, missed connections,
natural disasters, equipment damages etc.
All bookings must be made through email@example.com
- A deposit of 35% per person for their quoted holiday is required to secure resort/boat dates.
- Your booking will be held for 7 days. If your deposit is not received within 7 days, the system will automatically cancel your booking.
- Any payment or part-payment constitutes acceptance of MSL’s Terms and Conditions.
- All deposits are non-refundable to ensure the administrative costs of your booking are meet.
- The balance of your booking must be paid 90 days prior to your departure.
- In the event of a last minute booking, the booking must be paid in full with the reservation.
- All moneys must be paid in AUD or USD dollars.
- Payment may be made through by PayPal using: Visa, MasterCard, bank transfer, or any acceptable form of payment on PayPal.
- You are responsible for the 4% service charge to Pay Pal. This charge will be added to your final invoice.
- You are responsible for a $25 USD Bank Transfer Fee for each International Bank Transfer. MSL is not responsible for your bank transfer sender fees.
- In the event we receive a Bank Transfer Fee on your behalf, we will immediately forward you the invoice for payment.
- Confirmation of bookings and deposits will be sent via email once moneys have arrived in MSL bank account.
- All prices quoted are for MSL trips only and do not include any international or domestic air fares.
- There are no refunds of any kind given for poor surf, inclement weather, airline related delays or cancellations and late departures from your designated trip date or itinerary.
- We take no responsibility for cancellations due to any external disturbances or changes to your personal circumstances such as: political, environmental, illness, family/work issues, or any other unexpected situation which may occur that is beyond our control.
- There are no refunds given for reasons pertaining to: unstable global, national, or local political or natural conditions that do not directly pose a threat
to the safe operations of Mentawai Surf Lodge.
- In the event of cancellation (depending on the circumstances), MLS may in their discretion negotiate a credit note for a future trip to MSL.
CHANGE OF DATES (RESCHEDULING) OR EARLY LEAVING
- We will accommodate requests for a change of a confirmed arrival date provided according to our availability.
- If a booking is rescheduled with 90 days minimum notice by email, no rescheduling fee shall apply.
- If a booking is rescheduled with 60 days minimum notice (but less than 90 days) by email, a rescheduling fee equal to 25% of the paid deposit moneys shall apply.
- If a booking is rescheduled with less than 60 days notice by email, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the paid moneys shall apply.
- MLS may in their discretion provide a credit note in whole or in part for days not used resulting from premature departure.
- All moneys paid are non-refundable, but under certain conditions and with at least 90 days notice may be transferred to a future date on a credit note.
ON LOCATION ACCOUNTS
- Due to our remote location we are unable to provide credit card facilities. (We hope to be able to provide these facilities in the future.)
- All island expenses to be paid in Indonesian Rupiah ($IDR) prior to your departure from the resort.
- Our own trusted staff in Padang can assist you with ATM locations provided your transfer allows sufficient time.
TRANSIT, TRANSFERS AND ACCOMMODATION
- MSL will provide Airport-Hotel-Airport return transfers in Padang as part of the package price.
- MSL is not responsible for ANY accommodation or incidental costs in Padang.
TRANSPORTATION TO ISLAND
- Mentawai Surf Lodge prohibits the transport of any weapons, drugs, etc. We will accept no liability and will assist authorities if a search of the vessel is ordered. MSL reserves the right to refuse access to our vessels and charters to persons that are intoxicated, known to possess drugs, are abusive or considered a threat to the safety of the vessel or those aboard.
- Mentawai Surf Lodge does not accept responsibility for any missed travel connections, including the chartered vessel out of Padang. In the unlikely event that you miss the boat transfer to NyangNyang Island, MSL is not financially responsible for the incurred costs to book another charter to the MSL.
- The safety of our guests is our first priority. The crossing from Padang to Nyang-Nyang Island is operated by Mentawai Fast Ferry Company and is dependent on weather conditions. The decision to cross is based on the discretion of the experienced captain of the chartered vessel. In such a situation, we will do all we can to minimize disruptions to your trip. However, please note that neither Mentawai Surf Lodge nor the operators of the chartered vessel will be liable for any additional expenses that may incur or any time lost.
- Mentawai Surf Lodge will use due care for the provision of its services and activities provided to you. MSL takes no responsibility or liability for any illness, injury, loss or damage to property, accident or expense due to association or activities partaken on MSL premises or or any other claim arising from involvement in any activities or provision of any services howsoever suffered, even in circumstances where staff of MSL may have negligently breached any duty of care that it or they may owe or have owed in connection with such activities, conduct, supervision, or the provision of services.
- Mentawai Surf Lodge will not be held liable for any accidents, injury, or loss of life, which are inherent risks involving traveling and surfing. Mentawai Surf Lodge will not be held liable for injury, death, damage, financial loss, costs, expenses, travel delays or inconvenience arising from any travel misfortunes beyond our control, such as weather, natural disasters, disease, war, acts of terrorism, late arrivals or departures due to mechanical failure on any car, speed boat, airplane, or ferry transportation to, or from Mentawai Surf Lodge.
- MLS is not responsible for health problems that may arise from environmental factors during your stay.
PASSPORT AND VISA
- Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of your departure.
- You must obtain a thirty (30) days VISA upon your arrival to Indonesia for the cost of USD $25.
- For certain nationalities, a valid visa is required for travel. Please consult with your Embassy well in advance to find out what rules apply to you.
AIRLINE RELATED INFORMATION
- Padang Airport Departure Tax rates are $75,000 rupiah for International Departure and $35,000 rupiah for Domestic Departure. All departure,
- Airport and Airline taxes are your responsibility.
- You are travelling to one of the most remote surf regions in the world that is occasionally hampered by unstable local politics, infrastructure and natural disasters; please ensure the Airline tickets you purchase in advance are through an airline which is flexible with date change and destination changes and has a minimal cancellation policy. Again as per items under Payment – There are no refunds of any kind given for poor surf, inclement weather, airline related delays or cancellations and late departures from designated trip date or itinerary. In addition, there are no refunds given for reasons pertaining to unstable global, national or local political or natural conditions that do not directly pose a threat to the safe operations of
Mentawai Surf Lodge.
- When you agree to Terms and Conditions of Mentawai Surf Lodge, you travel at your own risk.
INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC TRANSFERS
- Mentawai Surf Lodge will not be held liable for any lost or damage to any luggage.
- Mentawai Surf Lodge does not accept responsibility for late arrival or non-arrival of surfboards, surfboard bags, diving equipment or any other
- Mentawai Surf Lodge is not responsible for airline board fees or airline baggage policies.
- Mentawai Surf Lodge does not accept liability or expenses for missed/cancelled flights, delayed international or domestic departures of flights or
transfer of destination.
- Any group/individual who misses their connection to Mentawai Surf Lodge due to cancelled /delayed or missed flights will only be transferred to
- Mentawai Surf Lodge at an additional charge equal to the cost of this transfer/handling.
- Any costs associated with assistance of transfer will be at your expense.
- Any changes to your flights and/or accommodation (or any additional ground handling) will be at your expense.
Australian Contact Numbers:
- General Manager : Celine Walshe +61 458 097 311
- Sales and Reservations Manager: Alexa Petherick +61 434 968 898
Indonesian Contact Number:
- Director : Delvino Sabolak +62 813 634 482 76
- Adress : PT. MENTAWAI SURF PARADISE
Desa Muara Siberut, Kec Siberut Selatan Kepulauan Mentawai 25393 Sumatera Barat